Cogent DataHub is known for its extensive connectivity to OPC UA, OPC DA, OPC A&E, Databases, Excel, ODBC, DDE, Linux, Modbus. The latest release of Cogent DataHub takes our saying that “once the data is in DataHub, it can go anywhere” to a new level, adding support for IIoT connectors for cloud integration, as well.
Cogent DataHub V9 adds support for the MQTT standard. The Message Queue Telemetry Transport (MQTT) standard is a lightweight publish/subscribe model communications protocol used widely for Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT) integration of edge devices across a wide variety of industries around the world.
MQTT support means the DataHub is a complete gateway for connecting your operations data gathered from OPC UA and other data sources to the cloud with support for many popular IoT services, including:
- SkkyHub MQTT Broker
- Microsoft Azure IoT Hub
- Amazon IoT Core
- Google IoT
- Any standard MQTT Client or Broker
Not only does this release provide MQTT client capabilities – Skkynet is the first to provide an industrial class MQTT broker, as well. With the MQTT broker support, users can now aggregate data from MQTT-capable sensors and other data sources and integrate that data into their existing systems using other standard protocols like OPC UA (and OPC Classic), Modbus, ODBC, and DDE.
For the MQTT Client capabilities, we looked at MQTT Client tools currently available in the market and developed what our beta users say is the easiest tool to use. The biggest innovation DataHub V9 brings to the table for MQTT Client functionality in the industry are smart configurators for some of the primary MQTT broker services on the market.
Smart configurators for Azure IoT Hub, AWS and Google make DataHub the easiest and fastest way to configure and connect industrial data from various sources such as OPC UA clients/servers to the cloud – for both publish & subscribe.
With DataHub IoT solutions, users can:
- Implement a data gateway from all of their data sources such as OPC UA Servers and other supported interfaces up to the cloud for secure enterprise level visibility
- Utilize edge processing to filter their data and reduce cloud processing fees
- Send their data to Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES), device clouds, and Big Data analytics platforms.
- Easily create a secure, robust hybrid cloud that isolates the devices inside their plant, protecting them from attack or Internet disruptions, while at the same time making the data available in any supported cloud service.
To learn more about IoT integration using Cogent DataHub V9 and other great V9 features, read our blog post and get a free trial version and test V9 with your own OPC UA data sources and other process data.