SPONSORED BY: ICONICS
Introducing ICONICS Suite Version 10.97
ICONICS, a global automation software provider of advanced web-enabled OPC UA and BACnet certified visualization, analytics, and mobile software solutions for manufacturing, industrial, and smart building applications, has released version 10.97 of its automation software suite.
Note: ICONICS provides OPC-to-the-Core™ solutions ranging from a suite of OPC servers and clients to a toolkit for developing OPC Servers. A charter member of the OPC Foundation, ICONICS has assisted over the years with creation of OPC standards, development of the OPC Foundation sample code, and participating and hosting OPC Interop testing. Currently, ICONICS serves on the board of directors for the Foundation. For more information on this working relationship, visit https://iconics.com/Products/OPC-Connectivity.
Version 10.97 features major enhancements across ICONICS’ multiple automation software offerings including GENESIS64™ visualization and SCADA system, Hyper Historian™ rapid data historian, AnalytiX® data analysis solutions, MobileHMI™ apps, and IoTWorX™ edge to cloud connectivity software.
Among version 10.97’s notable new features are:
- Hyper Alarm Server – A brand new alarm server using all new technology for better performance, more control, native integration with ICONICS’ Platform Services communication, and configuration through AssetWorX. (AlarmWorX™64 Server remains available for backwards compatibility.)
- Secure by default installation – ICONICS Suite now installs in a secure mode by default, ensuring users have the most secure experience from the very beginning. (Demonstration mode remains available for users less concerned with security.)
- CFSWorX™ integration with Maximo, ServiceNow, and Azure Active Directory – Worker contact info, groups, and skills can now be imported from these services and work orders can be created (where available).
- CFSWorX load balancing – Run CFSWorX on two or more distributed application servers to ensure performance and reliability of your connected field service worker solution.
- Hyper Historian Data Exporter support for Amazon S3 and Azure Data Lake Generation 2 – More options for exporting Hyper Historian data to the cloud.
- Sankey diagram – Visualize information flow between different sources and destinations in GraphWorX64, MobileHMI, and KPIWorX™, as well as within Energy AnalytiX®
These are just some of the many additions and improvements throughout ICONICS’ automation solutions.
Customers and partners are invited to give version 10.97 a test run to experience these new features for themselves. Download a free trial today.
ICONICS Appoints New CEO
ICONICS has also recently appointed Edward (“Ted”) Hill as the company’s new President and CEO. Hill replaces Yuji Ichioka, who served as the Interim President and CEO following the November 2020 retirement of the company’s founder, Russ Agrusa.
Hill’s 25-year career features a broad range of success in industrial automation markets. Prior to joining ICONICS, Hill was the Director of Business Planning for the Software and Controls segment at Rockwell Automation, responsible for annual operating plans, portfolio management, and acquisition integration. Hill served in a variety of roles at Rockwell including Director of Global Business Development and Business Director, Automation Software. In these roles, his responsibilities included managing Rockwell’s relationship with Microsoft and other partners, acquisitions, and business and product management for automation software.
Prior to Rockwell, Hill co-founded two software companies. Incuity Software, Inc. developed enterprise manufacturing intelligence software and was acquired by Rockwell in 2008. DataWorks Systems was a system integration firm he co-founded in 1994 that deployed a variety of controls and automation projects in North America and South Africa.
“This is a very exciting time for ICONICS and the Mitsubishi Electric Factory Automation Systems Group,” said Yoshikazu Miyata, Executive Officer and Group President of Factory Automation Systems Group at Mitsubishi Electric. “I am confident that Ted’s experience, capabilities, leadership style, and personality are ideally suited for both ICONICS and Mitsubishi Electric. He is perfectly positioned to lead ICONICS as the software center of excellence for Mitsubishi Electric’s continued investment in the field of IoT and software.”
“I have long admired the ICONICS software portfolio and am excited to be joining this great company,” Hill said. “I look forward to expanding ICONICS’ value in global markets, defining the company’s future vision, and developing and deploying operational and growth strategies that, together with Mitsubishi Electric, enable us to deliver the highest quality products and solutions to our customers.”